Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Boogie

Had an audition this weekend for a dance piece. I used to dance competitively when I was younger, but I haven't really done a lot of dancing since I got out of school a few years ago. It felt pretty cool to be in a room full of dancers again, even if I'm only considered a "mover" at this point.

The style was very contemporary and modern, and while it took me a few tries to get it all down, I was proud of myself at the end of it.

I did not get a call back, but the team was super nice and friendly throughout the whole morning, and I had a great time.

I think I should try to attend more dance calls, if only to build up my ability to retain choreography that's taught very quickly. That's an important skill to have as a performer, and practice is always good.

Damn, it feels good to be getting out there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment